Neptune’s Fountain

Neptunov vodnjak Kanal (5 of 17)

The Neptune’s Fountain was built in 1815 with the assistance of Count Coronini. It is believed to be a work of the Sculptor M. Chierighin from Padova. In the past, the fountain was used for water collecting. The women used to take the water from this fountain with water containers made of wood. Informally, the locals from Kanal used to name the fountain Matija. At first, the fountain was situated on the opposite side of the road, but in 1937 it was moved where it is still stands nowadays.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Neptune’s Fountain(1) - 360°